🎄 Succulent Christmas Ornament DIY
Succulent Christmas Ornament DIY
In today's DIY guide I want to get festive! We will work on some cute little Succulent Ornaments that are the perfect holiday time craft to give as a gift or even to use on your own tree this year. As always feel free to leave a comment with any questions and I'll be sure to help you out ASAP!
- Ornament with opening
- Active charcoal
- Cacti mix
- Spanish moss
- Jute Twine
- Christmas stickers
- Small Succulent Cuttings
I know I'm totally jumping the gun here but who can resist, I clearly couldn't!
- The first layer should be your active charcoal to prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- The second layer is your stones, place them towards the back of the ornament to even out the weight and to make enough space for your soil. I used two different colors to jazz it up*😬
- Place a small mound of soil in the center of the mound of stones.
- Grab a small amount of moss, roll into a ball using both of your hands and gently stretch it out to create a small nest-like mound.
- Place the mound of moss right on top of your soil.
- I chose 2-inch succulents because they fit perfectly inside of my ornament. I used succulents straight out of their nursery pots so there was no need to prep them days before by cutting their stems and waiting for them to callous over like I usually do. I did make sure to clean off all the dead leaves and shook off most of the soil they came with. After I cleaned my succulent I used my chopstick to make a hole in the center of the mound of moss and snuggled in my succulent making sure the stem touched the soil underneath the moss.
- I replaced the silver string the ornaments came with, with a red and white jute twine.
- I found super cute stickers at Michael's craft store and placed one right on the top center of the ornament. A little "foo foo" as my mother would say, makes all the difference*😊
I hope I've inspired you to make your own living succulent ornaments for your Christmas tree this year*
THANK YOU & ENJOY🐝