Succulent Christmas Ornament DIY
In today's DIY guide I want to get festive! We will work on some cute little Succulent Ornaments that are the perfect holiday time craft to give as a gift or even to use on your own tree this year. As always feel free to leave a comment with any questions and I'll be sure to help you out ASAP!
- Ornament with opening
- Active charcoal
- Cacti mix
- Spanish moss
- Jute Twine
- Christmas stickers
- Small Succulent Cuttings
I know I'm totally jumping the gun here but who can resist, I clearly couldn't!
- The first layer should be your active charcoal to prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- The second layer is your stones, place them towards the back of the ornament to even out the weight and to make enough space for your soil. I used two different colors to jazz it up*😬
- Place a small mound of soil in the center of the mound of stones.
- Grab a small amount of moss, roll into a ball using both of your hands and gently stretch it out to create a small nest-like mound.
- Place the mound of moss right on top of your soil.
- I chose 2-inch succulents because they fit perfectly inside of my ornament. I used succulents straight out of their nursery pots so there was no need to prep them days before by cutting their stems and waiting for them to callous over like I usually do. I did make sure to clean off all the dead leaves and shook off most of the soil they came with. After I cleaned my succulent I used my chopstick to make a hole in the center of the mound of moss and snuggled in my succulent making sure the stem touched the soil underneath the moss.
- I replaced the silver string the ornaments came with, with a red and white jute twine.
- I found super cute stickers at Michael's craft store and placed one right on the top center of the ornament. A little "foo foo" as my mother would say, makes all the difference*😊
I hope I've inspired you to make your own living succulent ornaments for your Christmas tree this year*
THANK YOU & ENJOY🐝
Disclaimer: In the materials section above I will be linking any product that we do not currently carry in the store. We do receive affiliate commissions on these products if you decide to purchase them on Amazon. We use Amazon as a reference due to their awesome customer service, easy returns, and low prices. I feel it's important to disclose this before you make any purchase.