Succulent Fall Wreath DIY
In today's DIY guide we will create a beautiful fall inspired wreath. I used a 10in grapevine wreath, sphagnum moss, ornamental berries, leaves, pumpkins and pinecones. I love birds and thought it would make a perfect addition.
- 10 inch grapevine wreath
- Floral wire
- Jute twine
- Sphagnum moss
- Fall decorations
- Succulent cuttings
- Tacky glue
- Ornamental bird
1. I prepped several succulents a few days before by cutting their stems very short and letting them callous over.
2. I glued a good amount of moss to the bottom of the wreath with tacky glue. I pressed down on it for 10 seconds to make sure it all stayed together.
3. I selected a 'Teddy Bear' Kalanchoe Tementosa, placed glue all over the stem and the base of the succulent and glued it right in the center. I pressed just like I did to the moss for 10 seconds. I went on doing the same process with the rest of the succulents, balancing out the dark and the light colors.
4. I glued the ornamental berries, leaves, pumpkins and pinecones to cover up any odd holes.
5. Lastly I glued the bird right on the left top corner of the wreath and stuck a little burgundy moss to each corner to add a little pop of color. I made a bow of glittery burlap ribbon and TA DA my wreath was complete.
Side note: I let my wreath dry over night laying flat. Before hanging it up I made sure it was all dry* I of course had a blast! I hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial and hope to inspire you to give it a whirl❤️
@walrusforlife Thank you for taking such great action shots and for your support. Couldn't do it without you*😘